In the Fall of 1942, the Smithtown Square Club was organized by sojourners and, on November 17th, 1947, a petition
was signed by 22 of its members and presented to Grand Lodge for Dispensation to form a Lodge. This was granted June 25th, 1948.
On October 15th, 1948, the first meeting was held in Northport, NY, and the first officers were installed.
At the next meeting in St. James, these officers assumed their stations with 62 affiliated Masons.
On June 10th, 1949, M.W. Charles W. Frossel presented the Charter and instituted Smithtown Lodge #1127, with 77 members.